Skip to main content

The Dragon Project – Artists In Tow


Now, for your delictation, I present:


The artwork for The Lonely Dragon with information about the talented artists.

Brueberon could see bright flashes like small zig zags of lightning 
at the windows of the room where Kastaspella mixed her potions.


Alexander is 7 and his favourite food is fruit. His least favourite character is Batman “because he's cheesy.” He would very much like to be Lloyd Minga.






Clarissa was 11 going on 12 and hated the fact 
that her hair was a big ball of fuzz...



Lilly, aged 8, loves grapes. Her least favourite characters are “the wicked witches from Stardust because they are so creepy.” She would most like to be a zoo keeper.








 
He sighed every now and then and every time he did so puffs 
of smoke like candy floss would drift from his nostrils and 
float high up into the sky to join the clouds already there.


Mackie, one of the youngest in the group at age 6, has donuts at the top of his list of favourite foods. Matilda is his least favourite character because he doesn't "like the movie." He wants, most of all, to be like Darwin.






It's really not easy to make friends when you're feared and 
loathed just because of the way you look.



Oscar is the same age as Mackie and adores sweets. He dislikes the character Vilgax from Ben 10  “because he is bad. He would also most like to be Ben 10.






"A dragon crying.” you say quite shocked. 
 "Why on earth should a dragon cry?"




Izzy, aged 8, is very partial to sausages but not so keen on the orcs from The Hobbit. She would very much like to be Harry Potter.








Vandabar was standing in the doorway. He was very tanned - a 
bright orange in fact, wearing an Hawaiian shirt and bright blue 
tie-dyed balloon trousers. Behind him trailed his suitcase.


9 year old Adam loves bangers and mash. He doesn't like David Walliam's Awful Aunty because “she is actually evil.” He would most like to be Steve from Minecraft.





Brueberon sat on the arm of the chair. “I'm so sorry Clarissa. I wish 
I knew what to do.” He hopped onto her dress and hugged her 
as best as he knew how. He'd never hugged anyone before so 
this was an experiment.


 Annabelle, aged 8, loves her mum's fresh pesto and can't resist a bit of chocolate. Miss Trunchbull from Roald Dahl's Matilda is her least favourite character and she would most like to be Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6.







Have you never had hot chocolate before dear fellow?” 
asked Mr Fieldmouse.



11 year old Grace loves mashed potato. Her least favourite character is “Voldemort because he kills lots of people.” She would most like to be Kate from The Mysterious





In a Long Upon A Time World of mystical creatures there 
lived a dragon like no other. He was huge, with a large puppy dog face

 



 
Alfie, aged 9, loves pizza but not Horrid Henry because "he's naughty."  He would most like to be Frodo Baggins from The Hobbit.

 
My grateful thanks to all the artists at Kids Do Art who made it possible for me to illustrate The Lonely Dragon.

And also thanks to Anastasia and Dimitri who agreed to my crazy idea.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faetaera: Through The Rabbit Hole

  Larell’s heart was full to the brim.  His audience with Aurelia had been unexpected and full of wonder.  He was not surprised she was aware of his plans to send a force through to the other side.  Aurelia always knew everything going on in her world.  At times he thought he saw the weight of it bearing down upon her.  Then he wished to take her in his arms and carry her as well as the burdens she bore.  But of course he would never do this, merely imagine it.  It made him love her all the more.  She thought he did not know how she came by her information and he planned on keeping it that way.  It was the only way he knew to express his love for her without feeling foolish.   In the crystal lined chamber he felt her load more palpably than usual.   He knew it was simply his foolish love-sickness for his Queen but he let the feeling soak through him regardless.   Aurelia's lips twitched briefly as though she was amused.   She was kind in her tolerance of his ridiculous obsess

Faetaera: A Triumvirate

  A Triumvirate Brairton’s minions slipped through a barely noticeable fissure.  The tear would close shortly.  Despite the increase in their regularity the breaches rarely stayed open very long.  To the three insidious spies, the stink of the new world was almost unbearable.  But in time the triumvirate would each become so used to it they would scarcely notice it at all.  That it poisoned them they did not know.  Brairton was not in the habit of informing his operatives of fatal consequences.  Their programming precluded any thought beyond the mission they must complete.  In this Brairton had been exact and had performed the necessary rituals himself. Each had their mission branded into their being.   They would travel together for some time but then slip off to their secret destinations one by one, never to see each other again. The threesome latched on to their individual targets and began their particular brand of individual mischief immediately. Minion one skulked off to en

Aphasia - Phase 1

It was one morning of May 2021. I woke up and I couldn’t speak. I didn’t know I had a stroke. I carried on as though I was okay. I even tried to negotiate with my guest when she was leaving. I tried to talk but only mumbles came out of my mouth. She left me with a big hug. I knew something was wrong. I tried to call my cousin, Michelle. With a few grunts, I convinced her to come round to my place. In the end she came round and she was very worried. She stayed with and we had lunch together. After she left, I called my friend in Sheffield, Bev. I tried to say what was wrong with me. I couldn’t speak. She rang my neighbour, Kathy. Kathy was out with Nelson, her fabulous dog. Bev rang her so she came round. When she came to my house I was sitting in the dark. Bev said she should call an ambulance. I took the phone from her and shook my head. Before long my neighbours Lizz and Leo came to see how I was. Kathy told Leo to ring the ambulance because I took her phone. She did not know w