For several years now it's been a tradition of mine to email friends a list of the things I'd like to receive for my birthday. I've found it saves them time and energy and I don't have any embarrasing regifting episodes. Now that I'm posting on facebook and blogging more regularly I felt it incumbent on me to share this tradition with other people in the world.
- Universal peace, no war whatsoever, not even on Star Trek
- The end to world hunger
- The end to all poverty
- The end to homelessness
- The end to abuse, subjugation and exploitation of any kind
- A philanthropic, gorgeous redheaded carpenter with a brilliant sense of humour, smarts and kindness who totally gets me, tangos like a pro and doesn't think this writing lark of mine is complete madness.
- A suitcase full of unclaimed wads of big value cash not related to any insideous crimes left at my door with a note saying “use me”.
- An electric blue Smart car roadster with a year's tax and parking permit
- A complete renovation of my house and garden
- An all expenses paid tango holiday in Buenos Aires
- Endless amounts of all expenses paid sunny holidays
- Cavity wall and loft insulation, a wind turbine and solar panels on the roof
- A gardener who provides me with year round veg, herbs etc
- Sharp Dark Things published the way it appears in my head
- Sharp Dark Things snapped up by James Cameron or Steven SpielbergThe Sublime
- Massage and acupuncture vouchers from The Brixton Therapy Centre
- Pedicure vouchers
- Michelle Carr's crab curry
- A tub of maple butter
- Aromatherapy oils: lavendar, ginger, eucalyptus, orange, rosemary
- The full box set of every season of Game of Thrones
- Laura Mercier Ambe vanille body souffle
- Fenjal bath soak
- A new laptop
- A phone design I like which I can see email on without my glasses
Okay, so this last one should really go in the ridiculous list, but a girl can dream can't she.
Okay, so the last one should really go in the ridiculous list, but a girl can dream can't she.
- A tin/s of Milo
- A tub of Nutella
- Vouchers from Specsavers
- Printer ink – Lexmark Z735
- Fair Trade ground coffee
- Vouchers from Sainsbury, Tesco, M&S or Morrisons
So the ridiculous list is longer than all the rest put together. What can I say – I'm a big dreamer.
Now dear friends and family, the choice of which list you decide to use for this year's gifting, is entirely up to you.