Friday, 13 May 2016

Writing About Writing






Recently, perhaps because I’ve been rewriting as well as editing, it's set me thinking about various aspects of my writing.  

Why do I write the characters I do?  

What prompts my choice of setting?  

Do certain themes reoccur?

Being the opportunistic blogger I am, I realised this would make a series of posts.  So am currently working my way through all of the above.

It has been a fascinating process for me, this analysis of my own writing.  Rewriting has made me aware of how much my writing has evolved.  I’m pleased to note this change and am immensely proud of myself for struggling through unemployment and sticking by my conviction to write.

But more than anything, I’m grateful beyond words to the friends and family who have stood by me and encouraged me every step of the way.  Knowing I have their unfailing support is what makes this even easier for me to do.

The programme of posts about writing will run as follows:

  1. Setting
  2. Character – Protagonists
  3. Character -  Antagonists
  4. Character – Peripherals
  5. Themes


I hope these posts will be as insightful for you as they were for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment